The course will continue at a minimum nr. of 3 persons. If the amount is less, Simuleon has the right to propose another month to have the training, or to suggest a company specific training instead.
This training is planned to start at 7th February 2022, and consists of 7 sessions with presentations, and workshops to do in between the sessions. The trainer is available to answer questions on both the presentations and the workshops. Session timings are approximate, some sessions may be longer or shorter to give every topic the attention needed.
• 7th Feb | 09:00 – 11:00 and 13:00 – 15:00 CET
• 8th Feb | 09:00 – 11:00 and 13:00 – 15:00 CET
• 10th Feb | 09:00 – 11:00 and 13:00 – 15:00 CET
• 11th Feb | 09:00 – 11:00 CET
About the course
This course provides an in-depth discussion on solving non-linear problems in Abaqus/Standard with an emphasis on modeling and convergence-related issues for contact. Engineers at Abaqus have developed many techniques and guidelines for solving challenging contact problems. Convergence issues related to complicated material models and geometrically unstable behavior are also covered. Many years of practical experience in understanding and resolving convergence issues have been condensed into this course.
What will you learn?
The following topics will be handled during the training course:
• Understand how nonlinear problems are solved in Abaqus
• Develop Abaqus models that will converge
• Identify modeling errors that cause models to experience convergence difficulties
• Define general contact and contact pairs
• Define appropriate surfaces (rigid or deformable)
• Model frictional contact
• Model large sliding between deformable bodies
• Resolve overclosures in interference fit problems
The course is divided into lectures and workshops.
The course’s workshops are integral to the training. They are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures. They are intended to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting actual Abaqus analyses
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus/Standard. If you are a beginning Abaqus user, you might want to consider following any of the introduction courses.
The cost for this online training are EUR 1470,00 per person. Payment / PO should be received before the start of the training.